Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Day DLP's Sleeping Beauty Castle was Unveiled



I know you're all waiting for my DLP update and 20th Anniversary news. You should have it probably at the end of this week. In the meantime we'll go back in time with this video shot at DLP 20 years ago.

On October 12, 1991, long before Main Street U.S.A was finished a special presentation event happened at DLP with Michael Eisney, Roy Disney and Robert Fitzpatrick - who was DLP first CEO - to unveil Sleeping Beauty Castle. You'll note that Main Street buildings are still under construction and most of them were not even painted yet. It was still the time of innoncence for the park, long before the financial problems that we know, and that's part of the reason why this video have its charm.



Video: copyright Disney

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just a few days ago I was wondering where my vhs tape in which I have this was. Now I need not to look for it anymore. This goes directly to my digital library!!
I remember seeing this on TV with so much excitement!!
Thank you very much!!