Thursday, November 7, 2013

It's Official! Star Wars Episode 7 Will Be Released December 18, 2015 !


It's official! Wars Episode 7 will be released Dec 18, 2015!  Here is the official release:

STAR WARS: EPISODE VII TO OPEN DECEMBER 18, 2015


November 07, 2013


With pre-production in full-swing, a confirmed release date of December 18, 2015, has been set for Lucasfilm's highly anticipated Star Wars: Episode VII.

"We're very excited to share the official 2015 release date for Star Wars: Episode VII, where it will not only anchor the popular holiday filmgoing season but also ensure our extraordinary filmmaking team has the time needed to deliver a sensational picture," said Alan Horn, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios.

Star Wars: Episode VII will be directed by J.J. Abrams (Super 8, Mission: Impossible III, Star Trek) and is being scripted by Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan (Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi). Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, with Tommy Harper (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, Jack Ryan, Star Trek Into Darkness) and Jason McGatlin (Tintin, War of the Worlds) serving as executive producers. John Williams is returning to score Star Wars: Episode VII.

Shooting is scheduled to begin spring 2014 at Pinewood Studios.


Ndr: Please note that the picture above is NOT the official Episode 7 poster.

3 comments:

Jones said...

I am physically and mentally unable to watch a J.J. Abrams movie (I have tried many times, and failed) - so I will not be able to see Episode 7, 8, 9...

Marco Antonio Garcia said...

I don't agree with you Jones, I think that Super 8 is an awesome and a very enjoyable movie!

I'm really looking forward to watch EPISODE 7; Star Wars is one of my all time favorite movie franchises!

Jones said...

So is mine, Marco - but I really was not joking when I said I cannot watch J.J. Abrams movies. With one exception: I somehow managed to sit through Super 8, because it was marketed as an "old fashioned" movie, a movie that could have been made by Spielberg in the 80s. But what I saw was the work of a director *trying* to make a Spielberg movie, a pathetic attempt by a guy who has not got the slightest idea about what made Spielbergs movies great.
But I am really not trying anybody what to like or dislike - if somebody can ignore all the insipid nonsense and huge plot holes in Abrams stuff and have fun with his movies, that is perfectly fine with me - after all, it´s just entertainment, and thus the only relevant question is: Does it entertain me? If somebody feels entertained by it, perfect - there is no right or wrong when it comes to entertainment of that sort. I could give you a million reasons why "THe Blue Lagoon" (the 80´s movie with Brooke Shields) is a horrible film - and still, I somehow like it.
However, seeing my beloved Star Wars in the hands of the one filmmaker I detest (I´m talking about Abrams as a filmmaker, as opposed to Abrams the human being)makes me kind of sick - but heck, maybe it´s time to admit that I´ve just grown too old :-)