Sunday, April 27, 2014

" Trevor ", Charming Short Animated by Matt Cyrus Saghezchi


I'm always pleased to discover new talents in animation and Matthieu, who is also a faithful Disney and more reader, is surely talented as you'll see below with his short animated film called "Trevor" - a young boy who can't sleep - that he did in 2010. Below, Matthieu kindly introduces his film and you'll find also color scripts and concept-arts of "Trevor" on his blog HERE.

Hi everyone! I'm Matthieu Saghezchi and I'm an artist working in animation. I'd like to share my graduation short film here on Disney and More. Like any other Disney fan around the world, I have a special connection to the company. 
Back in 1991, when I was a kid, my parents took me to the EuroDisney preview center and it made a lasting impression on me. I must have stared at this huge model for hours, and this experience changed my life: I knew I wanted to become an artist! I was obsessed and I spent countless hours drawing park maps and attraction plans. My interest in theme parks opened me up to animation, and here I am today! 
Many sources of inspiration helped shape this very personal project, among them are Tim Burton, Mary Blair, all things Disney and Pixar... You might even notice a couple of Disneyland references if you look closely ;)
I hope you'll enjoy it, and if you do, feel free to share it!



Picture and video: copyright : Matt Cyrus Saghezchi

No comments: